My replacement connector for my wheel arrived today, along with the other things I'd ordered.
Because I know you can't see what's in all those little baggies, I'll tell you what's in 'em. The big thing is a Lazy Kate. It's used for plying singles. I also ordered some oil, an extra brake band, an extra drive band, and an extra tension spring. If you're a spinner, you'll know what all that is. If you aren't, then it won't make sense to you anyway.
Once I got my new connector connected, I tried spinning again. I'm still having trouble with the wheel stopping and sometimes even going backwards, but I'm making some progress. I let the tension off a bit, and that helped, but I'm still having issues. No matter how tightly I hold my yarn, the twist keeps running back into my fiber, making it difficult to draft.
I know, I know, practice, practice, practice, repetition, repetition, repetition.
Hey, it worked in karate.
I put an empty bobbin onto my flyer and got this much done before I decided I needed to take a break.
I will work on it some more tomorrow.