Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Shoes!!

My new work boots are finally here!  You know, the ones I was waiting on when I got my new spinning wheel. 

We must have had a substitute mail carrier today, because our regular one knows to leave packages next door if they don't fit into my box.  I found the little slip in my box, and had to run into the post office to pick them up.

Yay.  The post office.  My favorite place.

When I got there, there was a line nearly out the door and only one clerk.  I thought for a moment I'd wandered into Wal-Mart by mistake.  Not only that, it seems like every single person in line wanted a million things done.  One lady had 8 boxes to mail.  Another one wanted 70 cent stamps with pictures of a heart on them.  One needed a passport.  Oh, boy...

A few deep breaths and a "Thank you, God, for a lesson in patience" later, I finally got to the front of the line.   I took my package, thanked the clerk -- it wasn't her fault after all--, decided I really did have enough milk to last another day, and went home. 


I tell ya, it was worth the wait.  I love these boots.  They are Skecher's Memory Foam work boots.  I tried them on, and once I get them broken in,  they'll be my new favorite boots ever.

On the house hunting front, my phone has been leaving me a pop up asking for my voice mail password, yet telling me I didn't have any voice mails.  The other conundrum was that I didn't remember ever setting up a password, so I didn't know what to enter there.  I tried a few thing, and nothing worked.  This evening, I finally got annoyed enough to google how to fix it.  Woo hoo!  Dafault password entered, and sure enough, there was a voice mail from the realtor, left 6 days ago.   I guess I'll call after work tomorrow and discuss things with her. 

It's a start. 

Finally, there has been knitting going on, though it's taken a back seat to spinning this last week. 


Still, it's coming along.  Slowly but surely. 

No comments: