Friday, May 22, 2015

Eye Candy Friday

Or not so much.

Our temperatures this morning:


 Keep in mind, this is Mississippi, and this is the last week of May.  So, where is that global warming Al Gore keeps squawking about?   As the guys keep saying, I'll believe it's a crisis when those who are claiming it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis. 

I knew what kind of day today was going to be when I was taking Rylea out for her morning tinkle.   There was no moon, and in the darkness of the 4:30 hour, I tripped over something in the yard and hit the gravel drive pretty hard.


Thanks to the aforementioned global warming, I'd put my flannel lounge pants on, so I did have a small measure of protection.  I hate to think what my knee would look like if I'd been wearing shorts.   Unfortunately, shorts aren't allowed at work, so I spent an entire 9 1/2 hour day with my jeans chafing it.  I couldn't wait to get him and get them off! 

After what seemed like an interminably long work day -- funny how the last day before a long weekend always seems to drag on, and on, and on, and on -- Cody and I went to the store, where I bought plants. 


Two marigolds, a zinnia, and a six pack of vincas.  I wanted to get them into the ground, so I went ahead and dug up the daffodil bulbs and laid them out to dry.  Then I put these in the part of the bed where the daffs used to be.  They only took up a small corner of the bed, but I don't really want to put in a lot if I'm going to be moving soon. 

Speaking of house hunting, apparently if you use the Zillow app, you have to be pre-approved for a mortgage before the realtor will even respond to your request to see a house.  Also, if you use the Zillow app, you have to get your mortgage through a bank that sponsors the Zillow app.  I want to get a VA loan through the Navy Federal Credit Union, so basically, we're back to square one.  That means I'll have to do it the old fashioned way -- pick up the phone and call someone.  Ugh...

And finally, 'Merica!!



No comments: