Monday, May 04, 2015

Night And Day

I've been having some really strange dreams lately.  I don't remember what I dreamed last night, but when I woke up this morning, the sheets were all torn off the bed and Jesse was hiding.  That's the second time in as many weeks that such has occurred.

Saturday night, I dreamed that someone was trying to shoot me.   I was running and running, trying to get away from him.  In the distance, I could see some woods.  I kept thinking that if I could just get to those woods, I would be safe.  I could hide there, disappear, and the one tracking me wouldn't find me.  Not in the woods.  I ran and ran...somehow I ended up in a swamp, under water.  I could see the gunman standing on the bank, the woods behind him.  He was between me and my safe place.  Next thing I know, I'm running out of an office building.  I could see the woods across the road, but there was a large pond on the front lawn of the building.  It was filled with alligators.  Every time I tried to run around the pond, an alligator would charge, and I was forced to retreat.  I woke up, sweating and exhausted, never having reached my safe place. 


Things are starting to happen in my flower bed.  Nothing is blooming yet, so I don't know which is a weed and which are real flowers.  That's part of the adventure. 


Speaking of weeds, we still have plenty of these all over the yard. 


After all, they're flowers, too, once you get to know them. 

I was out giving the plants a good watering, because rainy season is definitely over, when I found the guardian of the bed.


I hope the little guy sticks around and eats the stuff that's eating my plants.

Finally, I finished the hat I was working on. 



It's an infant/toddler size, but would fit a child if he wanted to wear it as a beanie. 

No comments: