Monday, October 06, 2014

Red Headed Step Child

So, yep, I got brave and put the red on my head. 


This morning, I took my red head to work, and got lots of compliments on it.  I was told it was very becoming.  It will brighten up just a bit after I wash it, probably tomorrow evening.  I read somewhere once that if you wait 48 hours, the color will last longer.  Besides, my hair is so thick that if I washed it every day, it'd never dry.

Speaking of color, I started putting out my fall decorations. 


Only a week after I dragged the box out of the closet...I'm on top of things like that.

Look, I finished another scarf. 


It is made from Red Heart Gumdrop for both warp and weft.

Chocolate cake?  No, that's not a chocolate cake.  How did that picture get into my blog post?  


Good news, I think I have finally found my egg nog substitute.  


The recipe calls it Butter Beer, but it's not the same as the stuff from the Harry Potter movies.  It is very easy to make, and very delicious.  It tastes more like egg nog than any of the other substitutes I've tried -- even though you drink it warm.  Aaand it doesn't look like I'll be losing any weight this week.

Oh, look, more fall decorations.




There is still more stuff in the box, but I don't know if I want to dig it out or warp the loom.  So, I think I'll have a piece of cake. 

No comments: