Monday, October 13, 2014

Rainy Days And Stormy Nights

It has rained all weekend long, and I do mean all...weekend...long.  And guess what...  it's still raining.  I moped around all weekend with the blahs.  I blamed the rain, until yesterday when I finally took my temperature.  99.8.  No wonder.

I decided discretion was the better part of valor and didn't brave the chilly rain.  I went to church on the computer, and just laid around the house all day.  I'd just laid around the house all day Friday and Saturday, so what was one more day?  I went to bed a little early last night.  I was all snuggled down under the covers, and just drifting off to sleep when the thunder crashed.  Loud.  Very loud. 

That, my friends, is when I discovered I have a 26" vertical leap. From a prone position.  Top that, LeBron.

The good news is, the rain is supposed to move off by morning, and it is going to cool off for the next couple of days. The bad news is, it'll only be for a couple of days.  It's supposed to be back up into the 80s by Friday. 

So, what did I do while moping around for three rainy days?  And I'm assuming you mean besides watching 12 episodes of Criminal Minds and 7 football games...Yeah, we won't talk about that.

I finally finished this scarf. 


I won't tell you how long ago I started it.  The point is, it's finished now.  The pattern is called Trekking Is For Necking, but alas, the website upon which I found it seems to have been taken down.  The yarn is Zauberball Crazy, but I don't remember which colorway since I lost the ball band. 

When I'd finished the scarf, instead of casting on something new, I picked up another half finished project. 


Yes, another hat.  This yarn is some my friend Sue sent me a while back when she was de-stashing.  It's Knit Picks Swish Tonal, which I can no longer find on their website.  I guess it's been discontinued.  They're bad about that. 

Speaking of yarn, you will be very proud to know that it is mid- October and I still haven't bought any yarn this year.  I know my knitting friends will scoff when I say this, but I still have plenty of yarn left. 

Do you think I could go another year without buying any? 

No comments: