Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Early Birthday

I'd heard about this new book coming out about the making of the movie The Princess Bride.




The movie is a classic.  So is the original book, oh by the way.  If you've never read it, I highly recommend it.  Naturally, as soon as I heard about this book, I added it to my wish list on Amazon.  One day, in jest, I posted a link to Facebook, saying that my birthday is next month.

(It is, by the way, and there are plenty of items still in my wish lists.  Not that I'm hinting or anything.  November 11.)

I do that sometimes, but I never really expected anyone to take it seriously.  Well, dang it all if one of my friends didn't up and buy me this book!  Thank you, Lisa!  You are such a sweetie.  Mwah!!


She asked me if it would do any good to tell me I couldn't open it until my birthday, and I said, "Yeah, that's not going to happen."  I can't wait to start reading it.  Unfortunately, it won't be tonight.

I've had an incredibly long and busy day.  Well, first off, there was our regular 8 hour work shift.

Funny thing, we've been having our annual hearing tests all this week.  I'm glad I got mine done the first day, so I don't have to strain to try to hear my name called.  What a piece of irony that would be-- to miss your hearing test because you didn't hear your name.  The problem is that the front office people who are organizing it don't seem to realize how noisy it can be out on the shop floor.  It is.  Very noisy, that is.  Hence the hearing tests...anyway...

Today, after work, we had our annual meeting about our health benefits and such.  We have these every year, but for some reason this year they decided to make it mandatory.  They'd been voluntary for so long that I can't even remember when they were mandatory last.  This year they did.  I don't know why.  It's the same thing they said last year, and the year before, and the year before, ect. Ad infinitum.  OK, maybe not infinitum, but for at least 20 years.  The bright side is, we got paid for it.  The not so bright side is, it lasted over an hour.  That made for a long work day. 

After the meeting, I had to run in to the store.  Three of my coworkers are having their first grandbabies, and some of us decided we were going to give them a little shower.  I was going to go yesterday, but I made the mistake of coming home first.  We all know that once I get home, I ain't going nowhere.  That means I had to go today. 

By the time I got home, my doggies were very glad to see me.  And I was very glad to see my house. 

In knitting news, I finished my second hat.


To prove that I didn't just show you another picture of the first one, here they are together.


A quick wash and block and they will be ready for the charity box/gift drawer.

And I finished my first 'Merica sock.   While watching Criminal Minds. 


I haven't cast on the second one yet.  I will get to that this weekend.  But for now, I'm going to take my tuckered out little self to bed.

G'night.

No comments: