Friday, October 17, 2014

Facing Fears

Y'all would be proud of me.  Remember that phone call I blogged about a couple of days ago?  Well, after much shaking, sweating, and even some heart palpitations, I finally made it.  I got my house phone cut off.  I only have a cell phone now.  If you're a real person and you need my number, message me on FB or send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Now, that doesn't mean I'll actually answer the phone if you call....  Hey, I told you my phone issues run deep.

The customer service rep was very nice, but she did try to talk me into keeping my phone.  I politely declined.  To make it up to her, I let her talk me into getting a faster DSL package.  Because she offered me a special promotional rate, it'll only be about $5 more than what I'm paying now.

After I took care of that, I got dressed and went to the post office.  Two of my least favorite things to do, and I did them both in the same day.  Y'all would be proud.

As if that weren't enough, when I left the post office, I went to Wal-mart -- which isn't one of my favorite things to do, either.  But since I was right there anyway, I figured I might as well get it over with.    Then I came home and baked a cake, watched three episodes of Criminal Minds, and finished the hat I was working on.


I had enough yarn to cast on another, slightly smaller, hat. 


And here, I'd thought I wasn't going to get much done today because I laid in bed until 8:00.  Let me tell you, when you normally get up at 5:00, that is such a luxury.


Your PSA for today:  Do not let your radiator run dry.  Your vehicle will not appreciate it.

Back when I was in college, I had a friend whose car kept dying on her.  She'd put it into three different mechanics, and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.  But it still kept dying.  Finally, her then boyfriend (now husband) asked her if she'd checked the water in the radiator.  Sure enough, it was dry.  Three different mechanics, and not one of them thought to check the water.  She didn't know, either.  When she was telling me the story, she said, "Did you know there is water in your radiator?"  Yep, I knew, because my Daddy taught me.

I had another college friend who absolutely burned her engine up because she didn't know she was supposed to check the oil.  Even back then, I didn't understand these dads who bought their daughters a car, and sent them off to school without teaching them even the most basic maintenance.

Finally, here's a little fall color to brighten up your day. 





Now I think I'm going to go eat a piece of that cake I made.

No comments: