Sunday, January 27, 2013

Too Early

I woke up at 5:00 AM this morning for one very simple reason.


She was relentless, I tell ya. Relentless.

I finally got up and fed her just to shut her up.  I got back in bed, but after laying there for an hour, it became obvious I wasn't going to get back to sleep, so I just got on up.

I didn't do anything once I was up.  I knit a few blankie squares, watched a lot of Grey's Anatomy, and didn't even go to church.

I've become such a heathen. 

I listened to the sermon online, and worshiped with my entire Christian playlist.   This song is particularly poignant to me right now.



Particularly the last verse.  I learned it with slightly different words than this video.

Oh to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be.
Let thy grace, Lord, like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it.
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it.
Seal it for thy courts above.

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it.
Seal it for thy courts above. 

1 comment:

StephieKnits said...

That is okay to stay home. I was at church long enough for both of us. 8:30 am until about 1 pm. It was our Sunday in the sound booth. Hubby runs the sound board and I run the slides (mediashout). Practice followed by two services makes for a long Sunday but I love it!

I do knit at church but only when I am in the booth. I have knit socks for one of our Pastors. All of them love it that I knit. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I love being able to hear the sermons that I miss - I love technology! Have a great week Becky!