Thursday, January 03, 2013

Just Stuff

I'd planned on posting yesterday about my goals for the new year, but I didn't. 

After listening to Talkin' Cowboys,
finishing The Handmaid's Tale
starting Walking Across Egypt
and watching three episodes of Gray's Anatomy via Netflix

time just got the better of me. 

So I didn't. 

But I'm here to tell you now that my goals for this year are pretty much the same as my goals for last year.

Don't buy yarn.
Knit from stash.
Pay my debts down.

I did pretty well on all three goals last year.  I didn't buy any yarn at all until August, and what yarn I did buy was for specific projects.  The vast majority of my knitting came from stash yarn.  And I did pay off one of my credit cards completely. 

That is the best feeling in the world, I'll tell ya.  Sending off that very last payment.  Too bad the government will never know that feeling...

This morning, I got up and my car wouldn't start.  My battery was dead.

I didn't tell anyone at work what happened, because I didn't want anyone to know how silly I was.  But I'll put it here on the internet so the whole world can see. 

When I got home yesterday evening, I was so tired, and so sick, and I don't know where my mind was.  I got out of the car and walked into the house...

and left my car door wide open.

All night.

Needless to say, the dome light ran my battery down. 

I sent a quick text to one of my friends who drives past my house anyway, and he stopped and picked me up.  Since he works later than I do, I found another friend who drives by my house anyway and she brought me home. 

I got James' battery charger and put it on my battery.  I left it until the light said Full Charge, but I didn't try to start it.  Hopefully it'll start in the morning.  But I shot a text to my friend letting him know what was going on, so I have backup.

Just in case. 

No comments: