Monday, January 28, 2013

An Ordinary Day

It was a perfectly ordinary day the day they came. The sky was blue. People were going about their lives as usual. Out of nowhere, they swarmed the town. Hundreds of them. All dressed in black, they declared Sharia to be the law of the land.

Most people just put on their burkhas and went on with their lives. But some of us had a purpose. We had a plan. We were going to take our country back. We'd heard rumors, undercurrents of something like this happening, so we'd amassed weapons and ammunition, and set a rendezvous point up the mountain, out in the woods, so we could regroup and get organized. That's where I was going.

But first... I had to get out of town.

Last night's dream. Sheesh, is it any wonder I wake up more tired than when I went to bed? Kinda makes me long for the good ol' days when all I dreamed about was dinosaurs eatin' my head.

This morning before work, James called me and asked if I would take Jake in to the vet, since he was working days and wouldn't be off before the office closed.


Jake had gotten a stick wedged up in the roof of his mouth, and they couldn't get it out.  Straight after work, I ran him up there.  As I was telling the receptionist what was going on, another lady in the waiting room  said, "That happens to my dog all the time.  All you have to do is reach your hand in there and pull it out."

Duh... I'm sure they tried that before spending boucoup bucks on a vet bill.  

When the vet came in, he wanted to look inside Jake's mouth, but as soon as Dr. A approached him, Jake growled.

"Okaaaaay, I guess I won't be sticking my hand in your mouth," the vet said.

Anyway, they gave him a fast acting sedative and got the stick out.  When I went back to pick him up, the vet said, "Tell him to be more careful when he's chewing on sticks."

And that was my excitement for the day.

I know, I know.  My life is so thrilling.

I'm starting to get a hankering to knit a hat in lace weight.  Since I can't find the pattern I want, I think I'm going to try to work up my own.  It's going to have an eyelet lace panel, alternating with an 8 stitch cable, on a background of reverse stockinette stitch.  Slouchy, beret type of thing.

But first, I've got to finish this other hat I'm designing.  I'm kind of dragging on it, because I'm trying to figure out how to do the decreases without messing up the pattern.

I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments: