Every Tuesday, she has everyone over for a virtual chat on her virtual front porch. She posts 5 questions, which we then answer and post a link back to her blog, so others can come and read our responses.
I'd tried doing the Ten on Tuesday thing for a while, but the topics never seemed that interesting to me. This, however, seems like great fun. So, I present to you our very first Chat On The Farmhouse Porch.
1. Do you eat eggs? What is your favorite way to serve them?
Um, no. Being allergic kinda puts the damper on that one. Before, though, I loved eggs. Loved, as in I could live on them. My favorite way to serve them was sunny side up with the runny yoke, and biscuits to sop up the yellow with. Oh, and egg sandwiches. I loved egg sandwiches with mayonnaise.
2. Do you have a favorite item that you really like having around? (a pillow, a chair, a sweater, a teddy bear, etc.)
I think this would have to be my White & Nerdy Hoodie. Each fall, I count down the days until it is cold enough to wear it, then I hardly take it off. In fact, I'm wearing it now. Look at me, I'm white and nerdy.
3. Is most of the furniture in your home dark wood, light wood, painted, lacquered, or distressed?
Distressed. Definitely distressed. And in the style of Early American Mix and Match. That means it's old, worn, and nothing matches. But it's still solid and comfortable, so I'll keep it a while longer. We won't mention the fact that I couldn't afford new furniture anyway.
4. Please fill in the rest of this sentence. "I could write a book about____________."
American history. Real American history, not this watered down, politically correct, revisionist history that they teach these days. Ours is such a bold and rich history, and it's so sad that most people know more about Lady Gaga than George Washington.
5. If money and calendar/family obligations weren't an issue, would you prefer to spend next weekend at a Bed and Breakfast, a posh hotel, a cabin in the woods, or on a sailboat on a calm body of water?
A cabin in the woods, with a big stone fireplace and a large bay window with a seat. I'd have my kindle, my knitting and my hot chocolate, with the snow falling gently outside. I'd be content. In real life, I'll be at work. Sigh...
I hope you've enjoyed our little visit today, and I hope you come back next week for another Chat On The Farmhouse Porch.