Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fire and Ice

When you live your life as a brazer, getting burned just comes with the territory.  Or, as I like to say, there are two types of brazers:  those who have been burned, and those who will be burned. 

Me?  I'm one of the former.  I've been burned so many times I've lost track. 

If you haven't guessed by now, yes, I've managed to brand myself again. 


Pay no attention to how very dirty my arm is.  They get that way where I work.  That's why God invented soap and water. 

I did that yesterday morning.  I was going to come home and write a cute little post about how my day started with fire, and ended with ice, but alas, the mojo escaped me and I just didn't do it. 

Ice?  Oh, yes, we are having an ice storm.  It's not too bad here where I live, but in some areas, there was quite a bit of accumulation.  I did have some cute little icicles on my car when I got off, but fortunately, there was no ice on the roads.

Now, about that there mojo...it's gone.  Completely.  Even my knitting mojo is gone.  How gone is it?

It's so gone that I got this far in a hat and ripped the whole thing out because I just didn't like where it was headed. 
 

 No pun intended. Especially not one as groan worthy as that one was.

One of my friends put out a call for washcloths to donate to a nursing home.  I thought if I whipped up a few of those, it'd stir the mojo up.  I knit this one.  

IMG_7838

The motif is kind of hard to see, but it is a butterfly.

Needless to say, it didn't work.  The mojo seems to have headed somewhere warmer.

If you see it, could you please send it home?  I'd be most appreciative. 

No comments: