Monday, March 23, 2009

The Dog Park

It's funny. As soon as people find out that you are single, every one of them seems determined to get you married off. I have a co-worker who has made this her life's mission. I often get advice from well meaning, but clueless people--just trying to help.

Lots of people, especially those I only know over the internet, don't seem to realize how small this town is and how limited one's resources are. People often tell me I should hang out in hardware stores. We only have two here, and folks, they ain't Lowes or Home Depots. They are small, and locally owned. The owners don't want you to browse. They want you to buy.

Another friend suggested that since I like to read, I should hang out in the local library. Number one, this town is filled with farmers and factory workers. They don't hang out at the library. Number two, the library here closes at 5:30. By the time I got home from work and made myself presentable, it would be closed anyway.

Someone else suggested that since I like dogs, I should take my dogs down to the local dog park. I guffawed aloud when I read that! We don't even have a people park, much less a dog park.

Folks, this is my local dog park:

It's the cow pasture behind my house. See, there are my dogs out there in it. Can't see them? Here, I zoomed in:

There's Rylea, and Katie. Well, at least they found a friend.
I guess I'll be looking a little while longer, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how that works out: I've been single my entire life and no one's ever tried to set me up. Not that I'm complaining, mind you...

Anonymous said...

LOL!! HaHa!! That's so funny! I love human nature. Lots of laughs there. Take care!!