Sunday, March 22, 2009

Barefoot In The Park

I was sitting inside, watching TV and knitting

this square for the Glenn Beck afghan some of us are making, when all of the sudden, I got the irresistible urge to go walk barefoot in the back yard.

Since my normal state around the house is barefoot anyway, it was a simple task to grab the camera and go. Won't you kick off your shoes and join me?

You'd think since I run barefoot, my feet wouldn't be quite so blindingly white, but hey, that's what Scandinavian ancestors are good for.

Look around. There is a whole world springing to life. The fig trees are starting to bud.

The blueberries are in full bloom.

Come back in June. There will be more berries than you can I could possibly eat.

The pear and plum trees have finished blooming, and have fully leafed out, but look, there is one lonely little pear blossom left.

It will be September before the pears are ready. Mmmm, I can hardly wait!

Just a few daffodils remain, most of them having bloomed and died back weeks ago.

The few that were left got mowed down by an over enthusiastic teenager.

At least he missed the iris.

I hope you've enjoyed this stroll through my back yard, and the soft, cool grass beneath your feet. We must do it again sometime.

.

5 comments:

Sus said...

Nice backyard! We have to wait just a little longer for that kind of goodness up here. I hope you enjoyed your stroll!

Bag Blog said...

I wish our yard was barefoot worthy. It is a bit scary these days with two puppies.

The photos are great - especially Cody speeding by on the lawn mower.

Amnicon Studio said...

Thank you so much for that! What a nice pick me up that was. It's super grey, cold and windy up here. Oh and everything is covered in ice right now. Typical weather next to the big lake, lol.

Becky G said...

Sus, thank you. I did enjoy it.

Lou, Thanks. That one turned out better than I thought it would.

Simply Me, you are quite welcome! Come back for a visit anytime.

Patch said...

That photo of the enthusiastic tractor-mower still cracks me up.

Perfect composition too: teenager in focus, and blurred background indicating the motion.