Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Sky and Scarves

I woke up to a partly cloudy sky. I waited and waited to see if it would clear off, but it only got cloudier.

It never rained, but all in all, it was a good day for knitting. I have a what? Yes an actual FO to report! Boy it's been a long time since I've done this!

My Trekking scarf #1 is completed:

A close up of the pattern:


Pattern: Trekking Is For Necking
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Color: I don't remember. It just had a number anyway
Needles: US 3

Cody just found out today that the Cowboys cut T.O. "The Cowboys cut Terrell Owens?" he said. "That wasn't a very smart thing to do."

My next door neighbor is moving. She and her husband got divorced, and she realized that she just couldn't keep that big old house up by herself. So, she is moving into a double wide up the highway, and the house will be put up for sale. It always makes me nervous when new people move in. What are they going to be like? Will they have noisy kids? Will they complain about my dogs? We've all lived out here for quite a while now, and have gotten used to each other. Well, the really cute Brown Truck guy and his family moved in up the street a few months ago and so far, they've been ok. Hmmm, I wonder if I selected UPS shipping when I ordered my T.O. jersey (on clearance for $12.99)? I sure hope so. I haven't gotten to sigh over him in a while.

I keep hoping that one day, a really cute, really rich, really single guy will move into one of these houses, but so far, it hasn't happened.

I'm going to go read a bit on Atlas Shrugged before bed. I've made it through chapter 3. I just don't read like I used to.

I'm trying to start again.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful!

Opal said...

cute scarf!

here's hoping that sugar daddy shows up soon! ;-)

Becky G said...

Thanks Carol.

Opal, you and me both!

Sus said...

The Trekking scarf looks fabulous! Weren't you knitting two at the same time? Is the other one far behind? Also, yay for cute UPS guys!! :)

Becky G said...

Sus, yes I was. But I needed to borrow the needles for something else, so I took the scarves off of them. When I picked them back up, I decided to just do one at a time. The blue one is about half way done.

Anonymous said...

You've made it further on Atlas than I ever did; be sure to do a book report here when you finish.

The Brown Truck guy and/or the cute/rich/single guy are probably gay. With each other. Gay or already hooked up, that's how those things usually work.

Becky G said...

The Brown Truck guy and/or the cute/rich/single guy are probably ***. With each other. *** or already hooked up, that's how those things usually work.

God bless Patch but you do sound bitter! No wonder no one tries to fix you up. It's out of sympathy for the poor man!