Monday, March 09, 2009

Blankie Mania

Life is slowly beginning to return to my broken heart. There is still a dull ache, but things are starting to get better. Some. As soon as I'd heard the news, I went right out--well, OK, it was a couple of days--but the next time I went into town, I went straight over to the toy department at Wal-mart and bought this

just on principle, even though I already had one. This one is going to be moving to Hawaii here in the next couple of days.

The blankie has been a real source of comfort for me. I promised an updated picture and here it is.


The new yarns can be found here

here

here

and here

Kindly ignore the big glob of dog hair. It's one of the hazards of living with them. I fear blankie production will grind to a depressing halt pretty quickly. I only have 10 more mini skeins left before I run out of yarn.

After weeks of complaining, Cody finally got out and picked me some daffodils. He calls this his Redneck Flower Arrangement. Note the Orange Crush bottle.

He cut these yesterday and is a bit upset that the flowers have started to wilt a bit already. I told him that's just the way of it.

Finally, because cat pictures are always good,

Squeaky, watching me out the back window.

Now, I'm going to go settle into bed with Atlas Shrugged. Goodnight.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

The blanket is great - I love all of the colors. I have similar vases as your orange crush bottle.

Becky G said...

Thanks Lou.

Sus said...

I love the blanket, too. I can't tell from the photo -- do you never repeat a yarn? That would make it doubly difficult, I would think! It looks like a lot of fun to make!!

Becky G said...

Sus, thanks. I am trying to never repeat a yarn, and so far, I haven't, except...there is one yarn in which the pattern repeats were so long that I got three totally different squares out of it. Looking at it, you would never know that all three squares came from the same ball of yarn. As the blankie gets a bit bigger, and it would not be as noticeable, I might throw some duplicate squares in there.