Thursday, March 05, 2009

~~DOT~~

Yep, yet another idea swiped from Robin. This time it's Dogs On Thursday. Here is Rylea, enjoying the mild temperatures. Katie was out there, too, but she doesn't like the camera.

It was an absolutely beautiful day today. Mild, and in the mid 70s, but windy as heck.

The daffodils--these same daffodils that were pounded into mush, then frozen and snowed upon--bravely lifted their heads to the sun again for one last shot at glory.

Right before I ripped them out of the ground and stuck them in a vase.

I watched Nights In Rodanthe this evening, and frankly I found it didn't live up to the hype. I was actually getting bored with the movie. I'll just say, the best part was the horses. Oh, and that house. I loved that house!

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Owens. I'm not too happy about that. It kind of makes the article I wrote about him last month moot now. But then, if I hadn't procrastinated so long, we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we? Maybe I'll post it anyway, and retrodate it back to Feb 9. Still, I think he was getting a bad rap from the media. He wasn't as bad as they were making him out to be. Besides, I liked the guy.

I'd intended to work on my socks today, but the blankie love is still flowing. It'll dry up pretty soon, though. I'm almost out of usable yarn. I should be getting a swap bag pretty soon. I can't wait!

Then again, I may have to spring for another starter kit. If I can catch them in stock, that is. They fly off the shelves as soon as Robyn restocks them.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

You have a great dog. I love it when the daffodils start blooming. But I don't have to pick them because my youngest picks them as soon as the bloom opens. I transplanted a bunch last year that I found in the woods. They are really blooming nicely this year.

Becky G said...

Tabitha, thanks. I tried to get my son to go out and pick me some, but he just glared at me. Now, when he was little, I wouldn't have had to ask twice.