Friday, March 13, 2009

Stuff In The Mail

A couple of weeks ago, a really generous person on the Ravelry blankie group offered to send leftover bits of yarn to anyone who signed up. Sign up I did. Yesterday, I got this in the mail:

Very nice, but unfortunately, I couldn't use any of it in my blankie. The ones on the top and bottom--the rainbow colored ones-- are cotton blends, and I'm using wool blends for this blankie. The two mini skeins on the left were too short for me to make a square out of, and the one on the right --the kind of brownish looking one-- is the exact same yarn as I bought last Saturday. Since I am trying not to duplicate yarns, I put this one into a swap bag.

And what this all means is that until one of my swap bags gets here, production on the blankie has come to a screeching halt. To pass the time, I picked back up on one of my Trekking scarves.

I had been doing them both at once, but when I borrowed the needles I was knitting them with for the Machosauce project, I decided to go back to doing them one at a time. Doing both at once just seemed a bit too tedious.

Today, I got these in the mail:


Handy dandy pocket Constitutions! I've been wanting to get some of these for years, and the way things are going, I decided that this would be a good time to take the plunge. I got 5, but have already given Cody his.

Speaking of Cody, he has been bugging me to start playing my guitar again. I've tried and tried to learn to play that thing, but with no success. I guess I'll try again.

Funny thing, I've been getting the urge to take up my drawing again, too. I haven't drawn anything since I've moved into this house, mainly because I have no table. Still, I've been getting that itch again. Well, yesterday, I was sitting at my computer, and I said, "I really ought to get up from here and do something. I think I'll go watch TV."

Cody answered, "That's not doing something."

"Yeah," I agreed. "I guess I could unload the dishwasher."

"Or you could draw something," Cody said. What's funny about that is that I haven't mentioned wanting to start drawing again. He just said that out of the blue.

I guess it's a sign.

3 comments:

Sus said...

Those pocket Constitutions look really cool! When I consistently carried a handbag, I had two important things I always carried with me: 1) a copy of the Constitution, and 2) the lyrics to American Pie. It's really amazing how many times both of those came in handy. Though I don't think ever at the same time...

Anonymous said...

Why don't you take some drawings of your house, inside and out?

Becky G said...

Sus, that sounds like two good things to carry. These are great little booklets. Not only do they have the Constitution, but they also have the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of the Confederation, among other stuff.

Patch, drawing my house doesn't sound very interesting.