Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Semi-Productive Day

We started for Southaven early this morning, headed for the PetCo to get Scarlett a stand for her tank. Wouldn't you know, after driving an hour and a half, battling a fierce wind, they didn't even have any. The only size stand they had was for a 10 gallon. I need one for a 36" x 13" tank, so I can put Blaze's tank on top, and Scarlett's on the bottom. I guess she'll have to stay on the floor a little while longer.

The day was not lost, though, as we headed next to the yarn store, where I bought some red yarns for the blankie, which has become a bit heavy on the blues and greens of late.

I mentioned what I was making to the owner, and she said she has a friend who is making a blankie out of left over sock yarn. I was doing that, too, but now I've gotten to the point where I'm making socks out of leftover blankie yarn. Three of these have already been incorporated into the blankie. I'll post photos soon.

Next stop: Wal-mart, where Cody got himself a new watch, and I got myself some Girl Scout cookies.

Thin mints. Mmmmmm

After that, we headed to the book store, where Cody got two books. His tastes are running a bit to the macabre, and I'm beginning to wonder if he's trying to go Goth on me.

My purchase was Atlas Shrugged.

Since we seem to be living in these times, I figured it would be a pertinent read.

Final stop, Target, but we didn't buy anything there.

I got home to discover that Terrell Owens has already been signed by the Buffalo Bills. I've had a T.O. post forming itself in my head, but so far I haven't had the heart to type it out. I think I'll just go to bed and dream of the glory days B.J.J.--before Jerry Jones.


.

4 comments:

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

I've been thinking it's time for a re-read of Atlas Shrugged.

Thank you for the reminder.

Becky G said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog. You'll find it a bit heavy on football and knitting content, but you're welcome here any time.

Opal said...

i love the sock yarn you bought! can't wait to see how the colors look in your blanket.

Becky G said...

Thanks Opal.