Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Snow

What cold couldn't do, what frost couldn't do, a day of driving rain managed to accomplish. My daffodils have been pounded into mush.

This is one of the better looking bunches left. The rest are gone.

And now it is snowing. Tiny little flakes that won't stick, but it's about all the snow we get around here. I tried to take a picture, but it was just black.

This is what my sky looked like today. It never got any better.

Feeling in a rebellious mood, I didn't knit a single stitch on the shawl. Instead, it was the blankie who got my attention today.

This is the width of it. When all is said and done, it will be about twice as long as it is wide.

I also spent some time adding the blogs I have in my Ravelry reader to my Google reader. I'm much more likely to read them in Google. I'm also going to try to comment more on what I read. I'm always whining and moaning about how nobody comments on my blog any more, so I figure I should comment more myself.

Kinda like the old saying, if you want to get letters, you need to write letters.

Yeah.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Awwww, your daffodils look so sad...

Bag Blog said...

Any kind of precipitation would be welcome here - it is dry and windy.

Becky G said...

Robin, they are sad. I'm sad, too because I intended to get out and pick some, and didn't get it done. Oh, well, there will be more.

Lou, if I could, I would send you some!

SJ said...

Yes, he is walking now. Time does fly!

That looks like a big project; can't wait to see the finished project.

I hear you about commenting. You are always so good about it. I tend to read and remind myself repeatedly to comment when I get the chance, and then by the time I get the chance I have forgotten, or it has been forever since that post. :-/

Becky G said...

Thanks. It will take a long time, mostly because I don't have that much leftover sock yarn.