Saturday, February 21, 2009

Frost and Flowers

I must confess, I've been having a hard time finding motivation to blog here lately. I wonder if my recent illness has somethign to do with that. Isit down to blog and end up just staring at my computer screen and nothing comes to me.

I took these photos yesterday morning.


They were supposed to be yesterday's blog fodder--talking about how cold it was (27') and how the daffs were covered in frost, and how once the frost melted, they would bounce back so that you'd have never known that they'd froze the night before. But it just didn't happen. I ended up going to bed without blogging at all.

I got up this morning, and the sky looked like this:

It rained most of the day, so we didn't go shopping as I'd planned. Oh, I suppose you can shop in the rain, but with both of us recently being sick, I didn't think it was such a good idea. So, I stayed home and knit. (And cleaned house and did laundry, but I didn't really figure you'd want to hear much about that.)

And just what did I knit? Well, the shawl, of course. But then the mail came! Looky what I got!


Fifty 5g mini skeins of sock yarn just perfect for the blankie. I ordered the 50 count starter kit from Robyn's Nest. I promptly knit up several squares, but then managed to tear myself away and go back to the shawl. I only have a few more rows to finish chart H, and I want to get it done tonight.

I guess if I'm going to do that, I need to tear myself away from here and get back to work.

Onward...

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I love all the colors in your yarn photo. Rest up until you start feeling better. Then again, maybe shopping would make you feel better.

Becky G said...

Lou, thank you, and I agree! The yarns are gorgeous. Shopping is still on the agenda. Maybe this weekend.