Friday, February 27, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

It has rained all day long. And I do mean all day long. It was raining when I got up this morning, and it is still raining at 10:00 PM as I type. For most of the day, it wasn't just raining. It was storming. Thunder. Lightening. Katie trying to climb my leg. The works. This is what my front yard looked like at 7 something this morning:

It has rained on it since! It is a lake of a yard. Needless to say, I did not go grocery shopping. I didn't venture out of the house except once, to walk out to the mail box. Wouldn't you know it, not one scrap of mail. Figures.

I spent this stormy Friday trying to keep Katie out of my lap and taa daa--I knit the very last row on the Mystic Waters shawl! Woo Hoo.

Here it is: Starting to knit the last row:

and finished!


I'm working on the edging now, and it's going to take a while. But if this weather keeps up, I'll have all day tomorrow and Sunday as well.

I was going to do a Dogs on Thursday post yesterday, but my hormones have been in flux or something, because I'm in one of those really whiny "nobody likes me" moods. That, and my dogs are camera shy. I just didn't get it done.

I'm not really sure what's wrong with me. I've been off this whole month. February is the shortest month, but this one seems to have lasted forever. The Superbowl seems so long ago. Even Valentine's day seems like it was much more than two weeks ago.

I've definitely got to get out more.

If it ever stops raining, that is...

No comments: