Monday, February 23, 2009

Knitting Lace

Knitting a large lace project is in a way, a little like having a baby. There is the joy, the anticipation, the magic of creating this wonderful, incredible thing.

For a lot of women, when having a baby, there comes a point when you feel like you've been pregnant forever, and will be pregnant forever. Logically, you know it's not true. You will eventually have the baby, but there gets to be a time when you are just ready for it to be done. Oh, the anticipation is still there. The wonder of creation is still there. But you are just ready for the baby to get here already!

I am to that point with my Mystic Waters. I only have 13 more rows to knit before doing the edging and cast off. I am still enjoying the project. Still enjoying the process. But I'm ready to be done already!

2 comments:

StephieKnits said...

I just finishing the forest canopy this month and working again on another lace piece. I got that way with the forest canopy as I was purposely making it bigger...I was ready for it to get done...now the part that is the pain-blocking! But your mystic waters is very beautiful.

Becky G said...

Ugh, blocking. I know what you mean!