Monday, February 16, 2009

Still Sick, The Sequel

but I'm starting to feel better. I went on and stayed home from work today, and stayed up in the bed until nearly noon. I think that helped a lot. I'd woken up at 2:30 AM and could not get back to sleep. I finally dozed off right before the alarm went off, but it didn't do me much good. I tried to get up and go to work, but decided I just couldn't handle it on so little sleep, and still feeling bad to boot. So I called in sick and went back to bed. I didn't sleep, just dozed a bit, but I do feel some better.

Cody has been sick, too. He said he feels much better today, but he is still clogged up. They were out of school for a teacher work day, so he got to stay home. I probably would have let him anyway. If he felt half as bad as I did, he deserved it.

So we laid around and watched TV. Cody played on his playstation, and I knit. We had a pretty relaxing day. Well, except for when Rylea threw up on the carpet. That wasn't so relaxing. If I sleep well tonight, I should be much better tomorrow. Then I will start getting caught up on my blogging. I have several posts already written in my notebooks that I need to copy, including the one I'd written about Bob Hayes like two weeks ago. It was right after they announced the HOF class for 2009. I've had time to type them up, but when I sat down at the computer, I just didn't have it in me.

Speaking of TV, Congress voted to extend the deadline for switching to digital until June, but most of the stations around here have said that they will be shutting off their analog broadcasts tomorrow anyway. I'm getting all of my stations in pretty well, now, except I have to wait until after the sun goes down to get really good reception. Cody says that the sun interferes with digital transmission. I don't know, but it makes sense. Alls I know is that after the sun sets, my signal doesn't break up nearly as much. Still, getting an outdoor antenna ought to take care of all that anyway.

Audio Book Review: Diary Of A Nobody by George and Weedon Grossmith

Charles Pooter is a city clerk who sees all these famous people having their diaries published. Feeling that a record of his life is just as important, he starts a diary of his own in hopes that one day it will be published. One would think that the ordinary, mundane details of someone's life would not be in the slightest bit interesting, but this book was. I really got a kick out of hearing this man's trials and tribulations with his son Lupin, and his neighbors Cummings and Gowain. The book was read by a man named Martin Clifton, whose accent and inflection are absolutely perfect for this book. All Librivox readers are volunteers. Sometimes you get good readers, other times you don't. This one was so well read that I thought this guy was a professional. I give it ***** Five Stars

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sounds like you and Cody have had a rough few days.

Becky G said...

Thanks Lou. We are starting to feel better, but are both still pretty clogged up.

Robin said...

I'm sorry you've been sick...and glad you're feeling better.