Thursday, June 01, 2006

Update

Well, we've got things all settled now. The test will definitely be July 15. Sensei said he talked to Mr Dreher (who is like the head of the board) himself and Mr Dreher stated that this date is set in concrete.

James finally told his parents. I told him about it Tuesday night, and when I asked him what his parents had said, he replied that he didn't tell them. So when he left class, I walked out to his mom's car and made sure he told her. She seemed a bit aggravated about it, too. All she said, though, was, "You'd better tell your daddy." John (his dad) called up to the dojo later and talked to sensei about it, and he decided that James' black belt test was more important than their vacation, so has changed their plans.

Carole has gotten her flight date changed--had to pay a small fee, but didn't lose the total cost of the tickets. She'll definitely be here. Linde on the Isshinryu Women Group is talking about coming as well and having a mini seminar that weekend. Sounds good to me. If she does that, we'll probably go into Greenville on Friday and stay in a hotel.

I did manage to get lucky and get my vacation for that weekend approved. And I mean REALLY lucky. That Friday was already full, but then someone else cancelled his day and I was able to get one. I had told Mr Tedder that I didn't know if I would be able to get that day off, and he said, "Why??? What's the problem? It's 6 weeks away, you should be able to get it approved by then." He just doesn't understand how fast those summer weekends fill up.

And it will give my pulled muscle more time to heal...

So there is a bright side to everything.

Now, from bits of conversation I'm slowly remembering, we weren't the only ones who thought the test was going to be June 17. Kevin, the young man from Mr. Christensen's dojo was expecting to test in June. Mrs. Wanker (yes that really is her name), the lady going for her ni-dan was talking about "the 17th". I find it hard to believe that 6 different people in three different dojos could have all gotten the date wrong. I think Mr. W wanted to change it because of the seminar being rescheduled, but just didn't want to admit that is why he did it.

But it's all moot now because the test WILL BE July 15th.

No comments: