Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Quiet Place

To sit and enjoy the outdoors, or maybe read a bit.

The book I read last week was Not Without My Daughter, by Betty Mahmoody with William Hoffer. For those of you who've seen the movie, let me say this--it barely scratched the surface of what this woman went through. I would highly recommend this book to anyone, male or female.

Apparently the letters I sent to the school haven't done any good. Cody was horribly tormented by this same kid today. This morning, he had his school ID torn up again. On the afternoon run, the student blew a loogie on him. I called the guy who is over the bus drivers, and he said he would "discuss" it with Cody's bus driver. Like that'll do any good. The driver doesn't like Cody, so he tends to turn his head while all this is going on. I told Mr. Bonner that, too.

What we've started doing is documenting what is going on. Nobody seems to want to do anything to stop the bullying, but I will raise HELL until they do.

1 comment:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Good for you - there is no way that Cody is the only kid being bullied, but you may well be the only parent willing to make more than token protest.

Best of luck with getting someone to actually deal with what is going on. I've got three years before Robbie starts taking a bus - and I'm already dreading the day.