Monday, April 24, 2006

Another FO


I found this nifty little hat pattern, and it only takes about 2 oz of yarn. I knitted this one up yesterday while watching TV. It only took a few hours total knitting time, and it will be great for using up small bits of yarn.

Now an update on Scarlett. I fed her Saturday, just a pinky head. Sunday she regurged about half of it. So today I took her to the vet.

It was kind of amusing because Dr Abernathy couldn't find a vet tech who would come in and help him. They were watching from the door, but wouldn't come any closer. I asked them what they would do if I brought one of my big snakes in, and they said they'd watch from the door.

Anyway, Dr A didn't think she had a bacterial infection, because he said she just looked TOO healthy. She is still active and alert and has good muscle tone. He thought she might have a parasite, so he gave her a dose of Ivermectin, which is an animal wormer. I had to hold her so he could give it to her because the techs were watching from the door. He also gave me an anti-vomiting medicine to inject into her mice.

He did call the herpetologist at the Veterinary college in Jackson, but got his voice mail. He said he'd talk it over with him once he got through and if the herpetologist told him anything different, he'd let me know.

So that's where we stand now. I'll continue to post updates.

No comments: