Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm Finished!

I've scanned all of my pictures of Italy! Finally! Now I just have to crop and sort and categorize and upload them all. There were 420 that I uploaded, and one more that I still have to find. I think it is in a box under the bed, but I don't want to dig all that out just yet.

I love this picture of an Italian house that was built along the Amalfi Coast. I thought it was the niftiest house, built right into the side of the cliff like it was. It reminds me a bit of a castle. I made my ex (before he was my ex) stop so I could get out and take this picture.

This was so cute. Someone had made a model of a little village or something right in this little cave on the side of a road, which was on the side of a cliff. Again, I made my ex (before he was my ex) stop so I could take this picture.


And they also built real villages on the sides of cliffs also. This one is a touristy spot. I don't know which village it is, but by the way the buildings are painted, you can tell it was built for tourists. Real Italian houses are usually left unfinished on the outside. That way, they can avoid paying the higher tax rate for a finished building.

It's a pretty little place, where ever it is.

I'll let you know as I get all my pictures uploaded to my Webshots albums.

2 comments:

Buck said...

Lord, don't this make ya wanna go BACK? It sure does make ME feel that way!

Is that village on the Med or the Adriatic side?

Becky G said...

That was on the Mediterranian side, somewhere between Salerno and Naples. It was probably close to Sorrento.

Yes, I do want to go back and take Cody. He was born there, and I'd love for him to see it.