Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lily Of The Valley

I got off work early today, so I went out and had a bit of a putter in the garden. It was a very small putter, since I don't have much of a garden. Just a hosta and a few of these Lily of the Valleys. This was the first one to bloom this year.

I transplanted a few that were starting to creep out into the yard, and pulled a few weeds, including the grass you see in the picture above.

At one time, I had quite extensive gardens, including daffodils, tulips, gladiolus, crocus, iris, roses, day lilies, tiger lilies, and bleeding hearts. Most of them have died by now. I don't have time to cultivate like they needed to be. Gardening is a lot more work than I thought it would be.

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

We just planted our vegetable garden this last week - just in time for several days of drenching rains to swamp the entire backyard. We'll have to wait and see if anything survives.

I always love gardens, but I never seem to have any luck with them.

Becky G said...

Good luck with your garden, and I hope it survives. We've had vegetable gardens the last couple of years, but they never seemed to work out. Either it was too dry, or too wet and we got very little produce out of it.

I have middling luck with gardens. I could do well with them if only I had the time to fool with them.