Saturday, April 01, 2006

Kickathon

The second annual kickathon at the dojo was a little late because of sensei's surgery last fall. McGruff the Crime Dog was there, with the police department and the fire department. All told, 26 students participated and did some 13, 000 kicks to Kick Crime in Grenada.

The children's safety seminar with McGruff the Crime Dog:

And the advanced children and adult classes:



Good news! I finished scanning in the first album of my Italy pictures. Now working on the second...

This is me, June 21, 1992 in the ruins of Pompeii.

And this is what is left of what was once a beautiful fountain.

The little white things outlining the fountain are sea shells. In those days, the house surrounded the yard, instead of the yard surrounding the house. All of the rooms opened into a central courtyard, usually containing a fountain or two, and certainly containing well tended gardens. In many of the buildings, there are remains of frescos and paintings. Pompeii was once such a beautiful city. More pics later...

Bad News! Of the seven snakes I fed this weekend, four refused their mice. Ok, Sunset I'm not surprised, because he seems to be in breeding mode. He's been eating really irregularly these last few months anyway. The ball pythons, I wasn't really that surprised either because they are notorious for going off their feed for weeks at a time for no apparent reason. Onyx surprised me. He seldom refuses a meal. But I let Cody play with him before feeding him, and I think that got him a bit worked up. We won't make that mistake next week.

No comments: