Saturday, September 30, 2023

Full Moons And Fiber Fun

I've been saying for years I was going to do it, but I never did....until now.  Yep, last night, I finally went out to the lake to watch the Harvest Moon rise.  It was a beautiful night for it, too.  Cool, low humidity, and not a cloud in the sky.
  

I watched until the mosquitoes found me -- because I'd forgotten my bug spray-- then came home and had the traditional hot chocolate and Harvest Moon cookies.  I went outside a few times to look at it again, but I didn't take any more photos.   

I do know this one thing, though.  My county definitely needs to repaint the stripes on the roads.  

This morning, Suzette and I got up early and set out on another adventure.


And it was definitely and adventure.  Since I've sort of figured out how to use my GPS on my phone, I didn't take my usual route to Vicksburg.  There is definitely an advantage to taking back roads, such as no traffic, and not having to drive through Jackson, because I'll do just about anything to avoid driving through Jackson.  The disadvantage is....no gas stations, which means no bathrooms.  

On a completely unrelated note, while I was driving those back roads, I saw another Mississippi Mound Trail site.  I almost stopped, but didn't.  I said I'd go back someday, but I'm not even sure where it was.  Down near Rolling Fork is all I know. 

Anyway, Suzette and I made it Vicksburg without incident -- or me wetting my pants -- and I got a surprise when I pulled into the parking lot at the convention center because the car I parked beside had Christi's personalized license plate on it!

"Cookie's here!" I shrieked to no one in particular, and quickly made my way inside, and there were hugs and squeals and much laughter.  Then Amy arrived and there were more hugs and squeals and laughter.  Then Leann came and there were even more hugs and squeals and laughter, and a good time was had by all. 

Suzy Q was there in spirit, and thought Christi's watermelon sock yarn was just the cutest thing ever. 


And we talked, and we knit, and we shopped, and all too soon it was time to leave and many bitter tears were shed at our parting.  But first, the obligatory photos. 

Christi, Leann, Me, and Amy:


And one with the blended family:  Christi, Emily, Amy, Leann, Me, and Amy.  


After an uneventful trip home during which I took the interstate back and during which I certainly did not watch the Texas game on my phone while driving, I made it home around 5:00 PM.  

So, I was good this year, and didn't really buy a whole lot of yarn.  I picked up a few more minis for my other sock yarn blanket.


And a couple of more minis, plus one full skein of sock yarn. 


I bought that one just for the name of the colorway:  As The Mist Creeps In.  

I got some more Purl Scout merit badges to add to my collection.


And finally, this skein of sock yarn. 


These were the gifts they included in the bags at the door, except the notebook.  She'd gotten a bunch of those to give to the people who'd taken classes, but had a bunch left over, so she walked around giving them away. 


 I said I'd just add it to my emotional support stack of unused notebooks. 

And that was that for Fiber Fun In The 'Sip 2023.  And that's it for me, for this weekend at least.  

I'm plumb worn out. 

No comments: