Monday, October 02, 2023

Done!

 The deed is done.  It wasn't pleasant, but we persevered and got through it.  

You got it.  I took the cat to the vet and got her shots.  She was not happy about it and let me know all the way there.  Then she let everyone in the waiting room know.  Then she let me know all the way home....

But it's done for a year.  She's up to date on her vaccines -- yes, I know.  I'm such a mindless sheep to get my cat a rabies shot!  Oh the horror!  On the bright side, the vet positively exclaimed over how good she looks.  She's the picture of health, he said.   They also got her old records transferred to my account, and he told me they have her listed as four years old.  So, that's good.  I didn't even know how old she was.  Now, I do. 

In work news, I'm trying to figure out how Second Shift Slob managed to "electrocute" himself on something that doesn't even have electricity hooked up to it.   Even the maintenance men looked confused about that one... But that's what he told the first aid lady.  

By the way, you know I've been saying how they're bringing all of second shift to day shift?  They're converting a second line to be able to run air handler parts, and then they're going to completely shut down second shift, except for a few component areas.  For the last 4 or 5 weeks, we've been told "Monday is the day", only it never has been.  

Today, I asked Cuz about it, and he said the line is all ready to go.  They'd run some test units down it Friday, so now they're just waiting on final approval from The Big Man Up Front, which I'm sure they'll get.  After all, he had to approve the expenses of converting that line in the first place.  I guess maybe next time they say Monday is the day, it really will be. 

By the way, how do you know it's Fall in Mississippi?  ADP gets the air conditioners fixed.  It was so cold in there this morning, several of us had jackets on, and I was wishing I'd brought a hat.  

Speaking of hats, I got another one finished. 


I'd brought that one to work on at FFITS, but so many people were dissing Red Heart yarn that I started feeling a bit like white trash.  I eventually put it away and worked on a scarf that was stuffed in the bottom of my bag.

I met the most pathetic person there, at FFITS, I mean.  Seriously, how low does your self esteem have to be when you feel the need to one-up someone on how long it takes your hair to dry?  I'd never really paid attention, so when she asked, I said, "I don't know.  Five or six hours."  Then she told me it takes hers eight hours to dry.  Not only that, she said, "You have to braid yours.  I just put mine up in a messy bun and I'm done."   And that was all after she rather sneeringly told me that lots of people in Mississippi still use cash.  Because we're all just a bunch of uneducated, inbred, toothless hicks you know.  I started to pull out my card and make her pay the transaction fees, but I didn't.  

I'll tell you one thing, though, I won't buy from her ever again.  I walked away from her booth really feeling sorry for her.  Not sorry enough to let her keep abusing me that way, but sorry nonetheless. 

After I finished my hat, I cast on a sock with my new yarn.  I only got as far as the cuff when I set it aside.


I haven't decided yet if I want to do a patterned sock, or just a plain vanilla or ribbed sock.  IN the meantime, I'm going to be working on yes, another hat.  Yes, out of Red Heart. 

And yes, I'm sure the recipient will be glad to have it.  

Last, but certainly not least, I had the strangest dream last night.  I dreamt that someone was making me get a massage.  I didn't want to, because the last thing I'd want is some stranger putting his hands all over me.  Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl.  But whoever that lady in my dream was had told me it was mandatory.  

Thankfully, I woke up before it started, so I didn't have to go through with it.  

No comments: