Thursday, September 14, 2023

I’m Back, Baby!

I am back, baby! I have internets again!

Yep, the long awaited modem finally arrived today, and after a few moments of Luddite style frustration, I am connected to the world wide web.  First thing I did:  get my Roku plugged in to the new network and catch up on some of the shows I've been missing out on.  


I still will need to upgrade my Hulu to live TV, but I'll take care of that later.  Then I'll drop Peacock and Discovery +, because I get all that with Hulu.  Late next month, I'll have to download and re-subscribe to Frendly, so I can watch Great American Family Christmas movies, but I think Hallmark is on Hulu now.  I don't know, but Frendly will have them if Hulu doesn't.  

But mainly, I can watch college football.  Funny thing, I saw an article online about how ESPN is losing viewership at a tremendous rate, and it's because they're so far behind the times.  They need to have a separate subscription service so that you don't have to have some sort of other TV service just to watch them.  That's so 20th Century.  

Something else I'd forgotten was how fast internet is, compared to my phone network.  Part of that is because I don't get 5G at my house.  When I'm in town, it's a lot faster.  I mean, I was able to watch shows on my phone with no problem, but that photo up above uploaded in just a blink, as compared to a bliiiiiiiink.  Plus, I'll be able to use my actual camera once again, instead of having to take all my photos on my phone.  Not that my phone took bad photos, but still....

In other news, I got two new candles from my friend Kristine's shop.  


I'd thought about giving them as Christmas gifts, and I may yet, but I don't know.  Both of these remind me so much of my dad, because it was his tradition to always go out and watch the Harvest Moon rise, and because he'd always dreamed of being a sailor.  He's the reason I joined the Navy in the fist place. 

Speaking of Navy,  they're playing right now, so I'd better get off of here...oh, wait!  I don't have to!  I have internet now.  I can watch Hulu and blog at the same time!  

But I am going to go so I can pay attention to the game...

Laters. 

No comments: