Saturday, September 16, 2023

One Down

One is done!

One sock, that is. 

I'm going to give my hands a bit of a break before starting the other one, and hope I don't fall prey to second sock syndrome.  In the meantime, I'll whip out another hat or two.  

On a completely unrelated note, I'm a bit bummed that the Texas game is only showing on the Longhorn Network, which I don't get.  I wonder, though, when they move to the SEC next year, will they still be able to do that -- show games only on their own network, I mean -- or will they have to show them on the SEC Network?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

At least I got to watch LSU put the hoo-doo on Mississippi State, and right now I'm watching Ole Miss play Georgia Tech.   

Not much else to talk about today, because I didn't really do much.  I briefly thought about mowing, but scrapped that idea pretty quickly because I'm a bit sore from my long walk at the Mounds yesterday.  

By the way, the deer have found the trough.  I've seen them drinking from it several times, and I'm having to fill it up nearly every day.  It's been so dry here this summer, I'm wondering if they have any water anywhere else.  

That reminds me, I haven't seen hide nor hair of my Spider lilies yet.  They're usually up by now.  I hope they survived the hard freeze last winter and the super dry summer.  

And finally, I was told they walked Baby Boss out yesterday, but I don't know why.  For those of you not familiar with the plant vernacular, to walk someone out means the person got fired.  I'll let you know if I find anything out on Monday.  

No comments: