Saturday, September 02, 2023

Before I Forget Again

 Before I forget again, I finished reading Heir Of Uncertain Magic, which is the second book in the Whimbrel House series. It was good, but the story did seem to drag a bit more than the first book.

Next up, The Door In The Wall, by Marguerite de Angeli.  I’d read it once when I was a kid, and saw it on kindle daily deals a couple of days ago. One thing about having a memory like mine is, I can’t remember anything about the book— the plot, or the characters, or anything really, other than I liked it.

This morning, I walked out to get my mail, and got there just as the mail carrier made her rounds.  It was kind of funny, because she called to me, "I like your new mailbox!"  Yeah, I like it, too.  It's much better than that  raggedy old thing the county put up after it knocked my old one down.  Even better, I got an escrow refund check in today's mail.  It's not much, but it's almost enough to buy the compost tumbler thing I've been wanting. 


Not this exact one, but this is the general idea of what I want.  I'm still not completely sold on it, though.  See, I'd been using the old dog kennel in the back corner of my yard for composting, but when I get my fences replaced, I'm going to have all that ripped out.  I'll need something else to compost my yard and kitchen waste.  

I need a new mattress pad for my bed, as well.  I pulled all my bedding off to wash it, and noticed my mattress pad is getting pretty bedraggled.  I'm not sure when I bought it, but it is pretty old.  Maybe I'll use my escrow refund to get a really nice new mattress pad instead.  

Don't envy me my exciting life. 

Oh, but today was the first week of college football!  I was able to find the Texas game on my phone, so I watched that one.  I'm still not impressed by Quinn Ewers.  I wasn't last year, and in my opinion, he hasn't gotten any better.  He's probably the most overrated quarterback in college football.  

I just wish they'd tell us what is really going on at work, so I'll know whether I can get my internet turned back on or not.  I can only watch one game at a time on my phone, and that just won't do.  I may just put off getting my fences replaced for another couple of years and get it turned back on anyway.  

While I was watching football, I finished another hat. 


I bought a shipping box at the store yesterday, and I need to get the labels printed out so I can get these sent off soon.  I may look into that label printing tomorrow.  

So, I finished the hat and decided instead of casting on another one, I'd find one of my WIPs and finish it off.  I dug through all my project bags and lo and behold, I found this sock.  


Huh, I'd thought I finished that one.  Turns out I hadn't even worked on it since January, and it's the second one of a pair I cast on in February 2022.  

February

2022

I have no explanation for that. 

I also found a sock I'd cast on quite a while ago, using a pattern my dear heart-sister Suzie had made up.  That one, I can't quite bring myself to work on.  But I will.  

Suzie would want me to. 

No comments: