Monday, September 04, 2023

Labor Day

I'd intended to get up and labor all day, what with it being Labor Day and all, but that didn't happen.  

First up on the agenda was to shampoo my bedroom carpet.  Alas, I didn't get very far when my carpet shampooer broke down.  I'm thinking the motor burned up.  If that's so, it would be cheaper to just buy a new one than to try to get it fixed.  I'm seriously bummed, though, as the thing is only a year old.  

Note to self:  Don't buy any more Hoover products.  

So, I put that away and just knocked the moss off of my back porch.  Then I moved a few things from the spare room out into the shed and sat down to knit and watch TV the rest of the day. 

I've been watching The Tudors on Prime.  Fair warning, it is not at all family friendly -- but then, neither were the Tudor times, if you know what I mean.  I'd seen it before, but it was a long time ago.  

As far as the knitting goes, I finished the socks I was working on. 


Pattern is 2 x 2 rib, and the yarn is Forbidden Fiber and the colorway is Fab Forty -- which is no longer available. She's got some beautiful colors, and also carries cross stitch supplies, so do go check her shop out.  

Once those were done and blocking, I got out the old Suzie Slip Stitch pattern and started working on them again. 


I don't even remember what the yarn is.  I lost the ball band years ago.  I do remember that I bought it when I went to Columbus to visit my friend Christi way back in like -- 2010.  That's all I know. 

And finally, this is why the cat can't sleep in the bedroom with me.  I told her not to touch my phone charger, and immediately, she does this: 


The little brat. 

No comments: