Saturday, June 29, 2019

TBTMNBN

Boy howdy, I am tired.  I know y'all must be tired of me complaining about how tired I am, but by golly, I'm tired.  Not just tired.  Tahrd.  That's tired in Southern.  Which is what I am.  Southern.  And tired. 

I have no idea where I'm going with this.  I just hope it's reasonably coherent.  But I'm not holding my breath on that. 

I did managed to get the front and side yards mowed before the next round of storms got here, so there is that.  It wasn't even that hot, but the humidity was 90%, so I ended up drenched in sweat anyway.  By the way, does anyone know how to kill Creeping Charlie without killing my grass?  Nothing I've tried so far is working, and the stuff is taking over my yard. 


The other day, Boss Man told me not to be putting his name out there like that -- on the blog, so from now on, he shall be known as The Boss Who Must Not Be Named. 

Speaking of work, this week has been rough.  It's the last week of the month, and all the partial orders that have been sitting in the floor for the last three weeks had to get picked up.  I swear, I've brazed at least 30 partials in the last three days!  They're a real pain, because you have to stop what you're doing, to braze one or two headers.  I told them if they brought me any more, I was going to scream.  Not really.  But I felt like it. 

After work today, I ran into Walmart.  While I was walking down the the clearance, I found these two pictures. 


I thought they'd fit in with my rustic theme in my living room.  Not sure where I'm going to hang them, yet, but I'll figure something out.  Then I found a bunch more yarn for charity hats, also on clearance.  As if I don't have enough already, I got four skeins.


I love that gray heather yarn.  It's nice and soft, and makes great looking hats.  I guess I need to get busy knitting.

Speaking of knitting, I signed up for my classes at Fiber Fun In The 'Sip.  I'm taking a Zoom Loom class.  My friend Christi took it last year, and she made the neatest little squares with scrap yarn.  The other class I'm taking is Tibetan Spindling.  I've never had a real spindle before.  I've always made my own out of Sculpey clay.  They're functional, but crude.  It'll be nice to have a real one, and you get a nostepinne, too. 

The only thing I have left to do is book the dogs their hotel.  Also known as the vet.  I tried to do it when I went to get their flea and tick stuff, but she said they don't make appointments that far in advance.  I'll try again towards the end of August. 

Well, I need to get off here and practice my guitar a minute before going to bed.  If I'm not too tired to lift my arms, that is. 


No comments: