Monday, June 10, 2019

Do I Get An Award?

Today, I fell over while flushing the toilet.  How many of you can say that?  I should get some sort of award for it.  Shouldn't I?

All righty, then.  Moving right along.

I'm starting to really hate these little buggers.  It's almost as if they are taunting me.


Yes, those are little mousy jelly beans right next to a trap.  Sigh...I've tried snap traps, and poison, both to no effect.  I had to run into the post office after work to mail Jessica's hat.  I'd planned on stopping by Wal-mart and picking up some glue traps, but the line was so long, and there was only one clerk -- at the post office, I mean-- that by the time I got done, I just came on home.  Why they only had one poor clerk there is beyond me. 

I'm not so sure about the glue traps anyway.  I mean, I want to kill the little demon, but I want to be humane about it.  I would think being stuck in glue would anything but humane.  I'm about at my wit's end, between the mice and the dirt dobbers.  I guess I need to break down and call an exterminator. 

Oh, boy.  Phone call.  Yay. 

Rylea likes to sleep in the closet in my bedroom.  Before she goes to bed, she will scratch at the carpet.  I guess to fluff it up or something.  Anyway, she's scratched so much, she's pulled the carpet up by the back wall.  Look what I found underneath it. 


Now, I'm wondering if the whole room is like that -- carpet just plunked down on top of the linoleum floors.  And I'm wondering how hard it would be to pull it all up...Carpet and animals don't really go together.  Every time I sweep up all the dirt and hair they drag into the house, I'm so thankful that the two back bedrooms are the only ones with carpet -- and I keep the door to Cody's room closed most of the time anyway.  At least with an area rug, you can take it out and beat the dirt out of it.  Once it gets down into the carpet, it's there forever. 

Case in point, when I pulled this corner back to take the picture, it absolutely reeked of cat pee.  The cat died 10 months ago.  See what I mean?

Well, I finally broke down and finished that awful hat.


I don't really like the way it turned out, but I'm not re-doing it.  I guess I'll just give up on trying to make that pattern into a hat.  I've already got another hat cast on, but I've been working on my scarf more lately. 

I found out my Guitar Tuna app has games on it that help you learn to play.  There is one you have to identify the chords from the chord chart, one where you have to make the chord chart from the name of the chord, and one where you have to play as many chords as you can within the time limit.  Since I don't really know any songs yet, I've been using these to practice.  I'm thinking about going ahead and ordering a book from Amazon.  I don't know.  I'm kind of not feeling the love for my guitar right now.  I'm hoping if I get to the point I can play actual songs, it might get better. 

On the other hand, once I save up and get my piano, I'm afraid the guitar might just fall by the wayside once again.  It's hard enough to find time to practice one instrument, let alone two. 

I had to bring two of my plants back inside this afternoon.  The wind was so strong, it kept tumping them over. 



They probably both need to be in bigger pots anyway. 

Finally, I've been trying something new these last few days.  All day long, I'm bombarded by noise at work.  Even with earplugs, it can get to unbearable levels, especially for a noise sensitive introvert such as myself.  Usually, I turn on my TV or some music as soon as I get home.  For about a week or so, I've been keeping the house quiet for an hour or two -- sometimes all evening. 

It sure is easier on my nerves. 

No comments: