Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Bad Mom

I'm such a bad dog mom.

I got so caught up in my new piano yesterday, I totally forgot to feed them their suppers.  No wonder Jesse was acting such a fool.   Well, they're both fat enough missing a meal won't hurt them.  Rylea is off her feed right now anyway.  She has stomach issues from time to time.

She woke me up at 2:00 AM asking to go out.  Bad mom that I am, I put her out of the bedroom and got back into the bed.  She came back and started scratching at the door.  I figured then she was in some pretty desperate situations, so I got up and let her outside.

Guess what I did while waiting for her to finish her business?  I practiced my piano.  In fact, I seriously considered calling in sick, so I could practice more.  I didn't, because I'm too close to getting another attendance bonus.  This one will be a 6 month bonus, too.  Nevertheless, all day at work, I was counting down the hours until I could come home and practice.  I was so excited, the whole day took about two years.

Yeah, that whole practice the guitar for at least 10 minutes before playing the piano went straight out the window.  It didn't even last a whole day.  The minute I got home, I plugged that piano in and ran through my exercises.  I didn't even change clothes until I'd gone through them a few times.  I am going to practice that guitar, though, as soon as I'm done blogging.  BTW, my presence on social media will probably be drastically reduced for the time being.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, either.   If you want to keep up, I'll still be blogging regularly.

I finally got my little pictures hung.  Interior decorating is not my strong suit, but I muddle through as best I can.



I'll probably eventually get all the sci fi stuff out of these bookshelves and put it into its own designated area.  Eventually.  For now, it's staying.


The big pictures went on this wall.


I know it's unbalanced for now.  The plan is to eventually get rid of that hideous floor lap, and put some sort of sconces up there, or something rustic looking.

Kindly ignore the Tigger towel on the back of my chair.  It's to protect it from my wet hair.

By the way, since my piano is a digital keyboard, I can make it play different sounds -- piano, organ, xylophone, and.....harpsichord!

I can be Lurch!

That's about it for now.  I must run.  The piano beckons...




No comments: