Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Music Corner

The long awaited guitar instruction book has finally arrived.


I glanced through it, and quickly realized it was not the same book I had before, so this will be a new adventure.  The good thing about it, it teaches individual notes, not just chords.  Even better, I found videos on YouTube that accompany the lessons, so that'll be a big help!  If I'd had videos the first time around, I might not have quit. 

Then again, I was still a single mom of a small child, so I might have anyway.  Once Cody started school, there just never seemed to be enough time -- or energy-- for guitar practice. 

I still don't know if I'm out of my mind or not, taking up two instruments at once.  If you find me curled up in the fetal position, muttering incoherent things about guitars and pianos, you'll know why. 

Also arriving today was my keyboard stand.  I quickly put it together,


and created a music nest in the corner of my living room. 


It is so much more comfortable sitting in a chair to play than standing in front of my cabinet.  The keyboard is still just a mite high, so I'll be ordering a stool soon, as well.  You might never get me off the piano then. 

I've got my guitar propped in the corner behind my chair, so all I have to do is reach around and pick it up.


I suppose I'll need to get a proper stand for it next. 

By the way, I got in trouble once when I was 5th grade.  We were supposed to be studying English, but I got bored.  I pushed my books aside and began playing my favorite piano piece on the desk.  I got quite a ways into it, too, until the teacher reminded me we aren't supposed to be playing the piano in English class. 

I was reminded of that today at work, when I pushed aside my headers and began playing the piano on my brazing stand.

Don't read this, Boss Man.

I'm pleading the 5th. 

Again. 



No comments: