Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday Miscellany

1.  Sigh, still no guitar book.  I checked the status on Amazon, and it said it was delivered.  Nope, it's not here.  I go to USPS website and enter the tracking number.  It says the package was held at the post office at my request.  Nope again.  I never requested it be held there.  I scheduled a re delivery request.  I noticed a couple of new puppies wandering up and down the road, so I requested the carrier leave it inside my glass door in my car port if it doesn't fit in the box.  So hopefully, I'll get it tomorrow -- and not chewed up.   

2.  I finished my second virtual race, and got my medal.


It's big, and heavy, just like the first one, and has a satin ribbon.  OK, it's probably polyester or something, but it's satiny feeling.  I was impressed with the detail in this one.


It's hard to get a good picture of it, though.  I'm going to have to come up with a place to display these, because yes, I've already signed up for a third race.  This one is King Arthur, and it takes you on a virtual route through North Cornwall, England.  That's where my white headed shanty men are from.  I was hoping it'd go through their little village, but no, the route is farther east.  It does end up at Tentagel, so that's cool. 

3.  I broke down and ordered a keyboard stand.  Practicing with it on the bar was starting to hurt my back.  Heh, I was practicing this afternoon and was so tired, I sat on my barstool.  Since I'm short, My feet were swinging.  I laughed and said, "I feel like a little kid again, with my feet not reaching the floor." 

4.  I forgot what I was going to put here.

5.  Your PSA for today:  when you are going to take a bath and decide to put on your  YouTube playlist of your white headed shanty men, do it before you take your pants off.  You're Welcome.

6.  I got a message from one of my English pen pals.  She received my letter, finally.   She said, "We ought to get on quite well."  Yippee!  I've also got one from Czech Republic that I need to write to.  I'd better get started.

7.  I still need to practice my guitar, so I'd better end this and get to it.  Plus, I want to go over my piano music one more time before bed.  I'm thinking of setting my alarm 10 minutes earlier, so I can practice some in the morning before work.

8.  Y'all apparently like my story of being chased across the parking lot, judging by the number of hits that post got.  I've got more stories on the way!  Or maybe I'll just need to get that book written after all.

9.  Good night.



No comments: