Monday, December 23, 2019

Yesterday's Post

This is the post I'd meant to publish yesterday, but didn't. My old computer has gotten to the point where the screen is starting to flash.  I'm not really sure what that means, but what I think it means is that the old girl is almost gone.  I decided to just shut it down for good, and buy a new one.

So, what was I going to tell you yesterday?  Seems we have started a new tradition in our house, in which Cody makes gumbo for Christmas dinner.  The other day, I was going into town, and I messaged him and asked what all he needed me to pick up for him.   This is the list he sent:


I went to the one grocery store in town I thought might have squirrels.  It's a locally owned store called Grocery Basket.  They carry locally grown chickens, and locally caught fish.  I thought if anyone would have squirrel, they would.  Alas, no squirrel, however I did find an extra bag of shrimp in the back of the freezer.  Between the turkey left over from Thanksgiving, the sausage I bought, and that shrimp, the gumbo ought to have plenty of meat.

By the way, I got some more mysterious boxes delivered to my house.  I shook them, and none of them sounded like vitamins, so they're going to get wrapped and put under the tree.  After that, I'm going to finish my peanut butter fudge, and maybe do at least my gumdrop cookies.  Or chocolate chip.  They're quick and easy.

Before I leave you for the day, here are the rest of the little building models up in the town square.




Somebody sure put a lot of work into making them.

No comments: