Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Random Thoughts Of Whatever The Heck Day This Is

1.  It all started when I woke up this morning, thinking it was Wednesday.  I got all excited, thinking I only had two more days of work before Christmas break.  Then, I checked my phone, and uttered an unwholesome word for which I had to repent.

2.  It was cold this morning.  After this mess went through yesterday,


the temp dropped all the way down to 37' by the time I went to bed.  I didn't check it this morning, but when I got off work at 4:00 PM, it was only 39'.   By the way, there were several tornadoes that touched down in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.  I've heard at least three deaths.  And lots of property damage. 

3.  I couldn't decide whether I wanted to be hot or cold at work.  I'd put my jacket on, get too warm, then take it off, and get too cold.  Ad infinitum until the end of the day.  After which, I finally got the last Christmas package mailed off.

4.  The good news is, my Stalker hasn't been there at all this week.  I told my coworkers if they missed him, I'd stand over them glowering.  They thought I was joking.  I wasn't.

5.  The other good news is, when I booted up my laptop, I didn't get the "Your fan isn't working" error message.  I heard it spinning a couple of times, too.  Maybe I can get a few more months out of the old girl before I have to get a new one.

6.  This is how you know society is doomed.  They handed out our little bags of candy at work, with our $35 Christmas bonus.  Yes, that's all we get, as hard as we work.  $35.  Pitiful, ain't it?  Anyway, I was eating Kit Kat and that's when I saw it. 


Instructions on how to open a piece of candy. 

7.  I'm cold. 

8.  Apparently, Hulu Live has dropped CBS from their lineup.  I know they were having some troubles with the channel crashing and all, so I wonder if it's temporary until they can come up with a fix.  I can still watch Survivor and NCIS, but I'll have to wait until the next day.  I hope.  At least all the previously aired episodes are still up.  I hope they put the new ones up, too.

9.  Tomorrow when I wake up, it really will be Wednesday, and I'll only have two more days of work until Christmas break. 

10.  Yay! 

11.  I imagined I took my imaginary boyfriend imaginary hog hunting -- in real Texas, of course.  Don't I sound like a fun first date?   I think my imaginary boyfriend was a bit intimidated, though.  He said he'd stick to singing sea chanties.  All righty, then...

12.  Our engineer -- the real one -- was joking with me, saying the sub-brazers would have to bend their own copper tubes.  I said, "We already do.  That's how I got my guns."  Then I showed him my biceps.  He screamed and ran.  I laughed until I wet myself. 

13.  I guess that's it for now.  Bye.

No comments: