Monday, December 16, 2019

Done!

I am done with Christmas shopping!  Well, unless I decide to pick up something else for Cody, that is.  I finished my last gift yesterday, and got them all boxed up and ready to mail.  However, when I got off work this evening, we were in the midst of some pretty hefty storms.  It was so dark, I thought it was night.  I decided to wait until tomorrow to go to the post office.

Oh, and there has been at least one confirmed tornado, but it wasn't near me.  We just got some wind and lightning.

I finally finished the scarf/stole I was knitting out of my last skein of Scarfie.  Yeah, only I lost the game of yarn chicken I was playing with the bind off row. 


No big deal.  I just tinked a row and re-did it.  It made the stole a quarter of an inch shorter.  Eh...

Anyway, I like the way it ended up, though I still would have preferred it to be a little longer.


I'm still playing cpu chicken with my laptop as well.  I'm only turning it on for about 30 minutes at a time, then shutting it down to cool off.  I'm hoping it will at least hold out until I get some overtime coming in after the New Year.

Speaking of, I've only got three more days of work, then I'm off until Jan 6.  I'm debating on driving down to Jackson to see if I can find Cody a Jeaux Burreaux jersey.  If not, he'll just have to wait until he's drafted.

And finally, Navy got it done!  Army's streak ended at three.  When Malcolm Perry got on and said, "The streak ends today"  I knew it would happen.

If Malcolm says so, it's so.

Well, the old laptop is starting to feel pretty warm on my lap, so I'd better shut down for now.

Until next time.

No comments: