Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Random Thoughts Of A Tuesday Evening

1.  Due to possible severe weather tomorrow, and it being church night, kids here are trick or treating tonight.  In the 24 years I've lived here, I've had exactly two trick or treaters, and none since I've moved into this house.  I bought candy anyway -- just in case.  One year, I didn't buy candy, and wouldn't you know it, that was the year I got trick or treaters.

I apologized profusely, and the kids were very gracious about it, but I still felt bad.  Ever since then, I've always made sure I had something to give out.  Even though I usually end up eating it all myself.

2.  Somebody at work wrote on the bathroom wall:


Every time I see it, I think, "Well, you've come to the right place."

Someone also drew a couple of pictures of male genitalia, and wrote something somewhat obscene, which I won't repeat -- this being a family friendly blog and all.  Classy, huh?  But I guess when you only pay $8/hour, you kinda have to take what you can get.

3.  I don't post about work as much as I used to.  Someone from HR has been searching my LinkedIn profile.  They're supposed to have an open door policy, but those are largely a myth anyway.  Despite what they say, they do retaliate.  They're just a bit more circumspect about it.

4.  For your PSA for today, do not, I repeat, do not chase your honey lemon cough drop with Diet Dr Pepper.  You will regret it.  Trust me on this one.

5.  I forgot what I was going to post here.

6.  I wish I could figure out how to hide the traffic stats on my blogger dashboard.  I get so discouraged sometimes.  I try not to care about the numbers, but I do.  I wonder why my hits dropped from over 100 a few days ago to around 40 these last few days.  Such a drop always makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.  Or maybe I just got boring.

7.  BTW, I don't make $8/hour.  That's what they pay the temps.  I make a bit more than that, which I think is why they're trying so hard to get rid of us older folks -- so they can replace us with someone they only have to pay $8/hour.

8.  For the love of all that is holy, floss, people, FLOSS!!!

9.  I guess that's it for now.  Goodnight.

No comments: