Friday, October 19, 2018

Prime Time

Well, dang it!

I thought I was being careful yesterday when I was cleaning behind the fence.  I was trying to.  Trying to be oh, so careful, but I ended up covered in poison ivy anyway.  Sigh...I was going to get my herbicide out there today and spray it down really well, but I didn't get around to it.  Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. 

In the meantime, I'll just sit here and itch.  I have some ointment, but it doesn't seem to be working too well.  Frankly, when I get poison ivy, nothing works too well.  Yes, I'm that sensitive to it.  By the way, I once got the worst case of poison ivy Iv'e ever had through a long sleeved shirt. 

Let's talk about more pleasant things, shall we?  My bricks are all primed and ready to be painted.


Halfway through priming, I had a change of plans.  See, I was thinking that spray paint would get down into the grooves in the bricks better than brush on paint.  However, while I was priming, I saw that it wasn't working as well as I thought. 

I had to run to the store for some more primer, and on the way, I thought, "Let me just see what they have in the already mixed up, ready to use brush on paint."  Then I remembered, I have nearly a full gallon left from when I painted the trim in my living room.  It's even the right color. 


As soon as I got home from the store, I went out and got it from the shop, but by the time I'd finished priming, I decided I was done for the day.  I'm going to get it painted tomorrow, because Sunday morning, it is supposed to get down into the low 40s to upper 30s.  Perfect morning for a fire. 

While I'm at it, I might as well take that door down and get it sanded, primed, and painted, too.


Then my living room will finally be finished.

The next projects will be getting my mantle back up, and my shutters painted and hung.  After that, I'm taking a break from home renovation projects.  Oh, there's a lot left to do.  I'm just tired of doing it.

Also, I'm broke. 

So there is that...

No comments: