Sunday, October 07, 2018

I'm Done

I'm done.

I am done stripping these bricks. 


I've decided that I've gotten all the paint off that I'm going to get off. 


The only thing left is to wash them to make sure I've gotten all the stripper off.  I'll probably start with mineral spirits, then give them another going over with just plain soap and water. 


Follow it up with a good rinsing, and we will be ready to roll. 

Moving right along, a few week ago I bought some super bulky weight yarn on clearance to make charity hats.  I got this far on the first one, and realized I wouldn't have nearly enough yarn to finish.


Undaunted, I ripped back a few rounds, added another band of ribbing and voila', a headband.  Even that was pushing it.  I had this much yarn left once I'd bound off.


Here is the finished product.


When I started on the second one, I decided to stick with ribbing for the whole headband. 


Irony is, since I didn't switch to the larger needles like I normally do for the body of a hat, it looks like I might have enough yarn to do a whole hat.  I'm going to go as far as I can, and see what comes of it.  I may end up doing a ponytail hat, but that's OK. 

For you knitting muggles out there, a ponytail hat is one with a hole in the top for a ponytail or bun to stick out. 

Finally, look at next weekend, Y'all! 



Look at next weekend! 

Could it be that fall has at long last, finally arrived?

No comments: