Monday, October 15, 2018

Character

The painter is almost done with my house.  He's got to come by tomorrow and do a few final touch-ups, then we'll settle up.  Before I show you the finished product, here is a before shot for comparison.


And here is the after:


I wish you could see it in person.  The darker color gives the house a completely different character. 


It'll really look good once I get my shutters painted and hung.

I like it.  I really, really like it.

So, I was going to get all pedantic and knit picky, but as I was walking around looking for spots they needed to touch up, I spotted something.   I've lived in this house for 3 years and I promise you, I never saw this until today. 

What is it, you may ask?  Well, I'll tell you. 

It's this:




Do you see it?  Tape on the hinges.  All three of them.  The previous owner put it there when she painted those doors, and apparently just left it.  It's been there since before I moved in, and I never noticed. 

Until today.







No comments: