Friday, October 26, 2018

Books and Horses

When I was a little girl, books and horses were two of my very favorite things in the whole world.  My dad was also an avid reader, and frequently took us to the public library.  It was from him that I acquired my lifelong love of reading and libraries.

One of my favorite books to check out of the public library was one called Big Black Horse.  It's an abbreviated, children's version of Walter Farley's The Black Stallion.    I checked it out so much, they might as well have given it to me.  My name was just about the only one on the card.

I mentioned once that used book stores are going to be the death of me.  Well, of my budget, at least.

Yep, I found it.


I had the tracking number, and it was supposed to have arrived today.  However, the mail carrier came and went, and no book. 

"Oh, well,"  I thought.  "They'll bring it tomorrow or Monday." 

Then, along about 3:00 PM, I heard my door bell ring.  It was the mail carrier!  She'd completed her route and was headed back to the post office, when she discovered she'd overlooked a package.  She drove all the way back out here to bring it to me!  Now, that's what I call service!  I so appreciated that, I went to the local Facebook page and gave her a shout out. 

In other news, I gave in to peer pressure and bought some poison ivy medicine.  I found this:


It is Benadryl and calamine lotion combined into the same tube.  It took about half the tube to cover all my spots, but after I put it on, I ... still itched.  Sigh.  All it will take is time.

But it's been a whole week now, so we are on the down hill side.  I'm looking forward to not itching any more. 





No comments: